Henri’s Bakery & Cafe to relocate after more than 40 years at its Buckhead location

Shortbread from Henri's Bakery

Shortbread from Henri’s Bakery

An Atlanta institution will be making a move next year.

Henri’s Bakery & Cafe will move from its current location at 61 Irby Ave. NW to the east side of Andrews Square on Cains Hill Place in spring 2017.

The bakery, which opened in 1929, was previously located at Peachtree and 10th streets, Rhodes Center, Peachtree Palisades and the corner of Peachtree and Piedmont Avenue before settling into its current space in 1969. Henri’s, which specializes in desserts, sweets and sandwiches, also has a sister location in Sandy Springs.

“It’s important that Henri’s is part of the Buckhead Village,” said owner Madeline Leonard, whose grandfather, Henri Fiscus, founded the business. “We’re excited to relocate to a location that will allow us to continue serving our neighborhood that has so wonderfully embraced us.”

Henri’s will continue operations at its current location and will transition into Andrews Square in the spring. The AJC first reported that the Irby street location was under contract in 2015.

Other newbies in Andrews Square will include Lucy’s Market, Boxwoods Garden & Gifts and Poppy’s Boutique.

Andrews Square, located at 56 E. Andrews Drive NW in Buckhead, saw the closure of several businesses in the Andrews Entertainment District at the end of 2015 after being purchased by property owner Edens, including East Andrews, Stout Irish Sports Pub, Cellar 56, Czar Ice Bar, Stillhouse Craft Burgers & Moonshine, Burn Social Club, Prohibition, and Sal’s Pizzeria as well as The Atlanta Improv Comedy Club & Dinner Theatre.

 

Read The A List: The faces, places, dishes and drinks defining the Atlanta dining scene right now

Read more stories like this by liking Atlanta Restaurant Scene on Facebook, following@ATLDiningNews on Twitter and @ajcdining on Instagram.

 


View Comments 0