Celebrating its 23rd year, the High Museum Atlanta Wine Auction is back March 25-28, 2015 with the theme “Uncork a Southern Tradition.”
The Wine Auction is the largest fundraising event for the High Museum of Art. Netting over $1.5 million in 2014, the Wine Auction is the top charity fundraising event in Atlanta, the eighth largest charity wine auction in the U.S., and the number one charity wine auction benefiting the arts. The Wine Auction has generated more than $22 million over the last 22 years.
The 2015 Wine Auction Week’s special guests of honor are husband and wife Charles and Ali Banks of Terroir, an investment firm specializing in hospitality and wine properties. The special guest chef is Steven Satterfield of Atlanta’s Miller Union.
Here’s the schedule:
· Ladies Luncheon – March 25, 2015: New this year, join Gina Christman and Angelle Hamilton, co-chairs of the Wine Auction, for a special meal prepared by Chef Anne Quatrano and various guest female chefs and vintners at Bacchanalia.
·Dine Around Dinners – Week of March 25: Featuring some of the world’s best winemakers partnered with Atlanta’s top chefs in their restaurants to develop a one-of-a-kind, way off-the-menu, multi-course meal and wine pairing.
· Tasting Seminars – Week of March 25: Hosted at local venues, covering topics hand-picked by winemakers and sommeliers featuring some of the world’s highest rated and most unusual wines.
· Winemaker Dinners – March 26: Featuring some of Atlanta’s most renowned chefs, paired with guest chefs from around the country, alongside visiting winemakers. These incredible dinners take place in some of the most beautiful homes in Atlanta.
· Industry Tasting – March 26: Considered the most prestigious industry tasting in the Southeast, this is an opportunity for guest vintners to pour and discuss their wines with the wine trade—more than 900 pre-qualified buyers from the restaurant, hotel and wine retail industries—from Atlanta, other Georgia cities and surrounding states.
· Friday Fête and After Party – March 27: Inside the big top tents at Atlantic Station, guests may mix and mingle with winemakers, place bids in the impressive Silent Auction, and enjoy a meal prepared by special guest chef Steven Satterfield of Miller Union (Atlanta) and additional guest chefs Ashley Christensen of Poole’s Downtown Diner (Raleigh, N.C.), Edward Lee of 610 Magnolia (Louisville, Ky.), Joseph Lenn of Blackberry Farm (Walland, Tenn.), and Tandy Wilson of City House (Nashville, Tenn.).
· Vintners’ Reception and Live Auction – March 28: The week concludes with the main event in the big top tents at Atlantic Station – the Vintners’ Reception and Live Auction, featuring wine tastings from many of the world’s top wineries, samples from dozens of Atlanta’s best restaurants, and the opportunity to bid on the best in wine, travel and food experiences.